We got to spend some time in the 2016 Volvo S60 T5 Inscription FWD. Here are our notes after several hours in the vehicle. Please note these are reviewer impressions, assembled from multiple analysts and other in-house contributors.
- Engine feels very refined and shift points are not noticeable. Vehicle accelerates really well.
- Suspension is well tuned and never felt like the vehicle was getting away from us in twisty turns or evasive maneuvers. We'd really like to test drive the all-wheel-drive version of this vehicle for comparison.
- Interior is very tastefully done, however the cluster of buttons in the center stack (which is something that Volvo has decided to do on all of their vehicles) takes some getting used to. There is very little iconography, and a lot of text.
- Seats, which are covered in leather, are very comfortable and highly adjustable.
- The steering is very light which makes the car feel somewhat light and nimble as well.
- Infotainment system is quite easy to use and the voice recognition system works very well. It paired well with an iPhone 5, 6 and Android set of phones. It responds fairly fast.
- An automatic rear windshield privacy screen along with manual privacy screens for the rear passenger windows add a lux feel to this vehicle. However, we can't put our finger on it, but this doesn't feel like the type of luxury you would get from a Mercedes Benz, but rather understated luxury.
- Active headlights illuminate and work well.
- Self-parallel parking feature works correctly, every time without fail. Impressive.
- Rear seat LATCH system has top anchors but didn't allow our straps to fit underneath the head rest since the outboard headrests do not raise. The cam levers of the baby seats were always in the way. However, the middle headrests do raise, but there is no anchor points for the center seat. Young families take note.
- There's a fair amount of road noise coming from the floor at highway speeds or over rough pavement.
- Typical with lighter hides used in leather interiors, this one quickly collected blue dye from denim jeans in only a week’s time.
- There is no full spare tire (in order to save on mpg), so instead drivers get a tire mobility kit.
Pricing: Visit NADAguides.com